- Cultural Diplomacy 2.0: Transnational Cultural Relations in the Digital Age @ Villa Schifanoia
Nov 28 – Nov 30
- 2018 GLOBALCIT Annual Conference: Rights and Status. The Role of Citizenship in Immigrant Integration and Diaspora Building @ Theatre, Badia Fiesolana, Nov 29 @ 9:00 am – Nov 30 @ 5:00 pm
- Power and Desires: Bananas, Dubai and the Revolution in Libya @ Sala Triaria, Villa Schifanoia
Dec 3 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Europe in the World Research Seminar – When Internationalisation Increases Economic Protectionism: Multinational Companies and Orchestration of Political Activity Along Trade Networks @ Sala Triaria, Villa Schifanoia, Dec 5 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Democratic Backsliding and Public Administration @ Cappella, Villa Schifanoia Jan 31 – Feb 1
- Cultural Pluralism in Cities of the Global South Conference @ Villa Schifanoia
Mar 21 – Mar 23
- Migration Working Group – The Future of Europe as a Cultural Fact Tue 26 Sep 2017 14.30 – 17.00
- Workshop Migration Working Group-Integration and Migration Diplomacy, 27 April 2017
- Workshop Migration Working Group – EU Policies, 28 March 2017
- Workshop Migration Working Group-Transit Migration and the Politics of Search and Rescue, 28 February 2017
- Workshop Migration Working Group-Practices and Discourses of ‘Welcome’ of Undocumented Migrants/Refugees, 31 January 2017
- Policy Workshop, CUBA Policy Workshop Rethinking Research and Policy Agendas on Cultural Heritage and European Identities, Florence, 1-2 December 2016
- Workshop Migration Working Group-Transnationalism, 30 May 2016
- Workshop Nation, Migration and Film Workshop, 30 November 2016Workshop
- Migration Working Group-Refugee and Temporary Migrant Labour Market Integration, 29 November 2016
- Invited Speaker, at a Discussion in the European Parliament on Circular Migration, Brussels 16 November 2016.
- Plenary Speaker, Migrant Smuggling Data and Research: A Global Review of the Emerging Evidence Base, Graduate Institute, Global Migration Centre, Geneva, Switzerland, 2 November 2016.
- Plenary Speaker, ISSC GA THEMATIC SEMINAR 2016: On the move –causes and consequences of global migration, Oslo, Norway, 25-26 October 2016.
- Keynote Speaker, IOM Workshop on Reducing the Risks of Unsafe Migration, Athens, 18 October 2016.
- Co-convenor (with A. Ricard-Guay) Workshop on Trafficking for Severe Labour Exploitation in Europe: Addressing Demand, EUI, Florence, 12-13 October 2016
- Convenor (with R. Wodak and M. Krzyzanowski) of a Workshop on the Mediatisation and Politicisation of the Refugee Crisis, 28 April 2016, EUI, Florence, Italy.
- Keynote Speaker, ASEN Conference on Nationalism, Migration and Population Change, London, 19-21 April 2016
2016 Convenor of a conference on The Multicultural Question in a Mobile World, GGP, RSCAS, European University Institute, Florence, Italy, 7-8 April 2016.
- Keynote Speaker at the Mobility Symposium 2016 organised by the Australian Government Department of Security and Borders and the Australian National University, at Canberra, Australia, 1Invited Speaker at the Conference on 21-22 March 2016.
- Invited Speaker at the Workshop on Afghan Migration: Aspirations, Movements,
Demography, Integration & Return organised by the Australian National University, at Canberra, Australia on 23-24 March 2016.
- Plenary Speaker at the Conference on Understanding and Tackling the Migration Challenge: The role of research, organised by the European Commission, DG Research, Brussels 4-5 February 2016.
- Invited Main Speaker at the Hertie School of Governance, Roundtable Discussion: Europe Under Pressure. Managing the Refugee Influx and Tackling the Conflicts that Cause it, 9 December 2015, Berlin.
- Invited expert, Expert Meeting on Human Smuggling: Data and Research, organised by the IOM and hosted by the Turkish government, Istanbul, Turkey, 7-8 December 2015.
- Convenor of a conference on The Governance of Religious Diversity. More or Less Secularism?, GGP, RSCAS, European University Institute, Florence, Italy 10-12 June 2015
- Workshop Migration Working Group – Equality and Diversity Challenges in a Globalised World, 25 October 2016
- Workshop ‘Trafficking for severe Labour Exploitation in Europe: Addressing demand’, DemandAT project, 12-13 October 2016
- MWG and MED Joint Session – The Euro-Middle East Refugee Crisis: Historical and Contemporary Challenges, 27 September 2016
- Workshop 2nd ASIL-EU Workshop – Asylum Seekers at the EU Borders: Challenges and Research Perspectives, 6-7 Ocotber 2016
- ITHACA Project Final Conference. Migrant Integration and Transnational Mobility: Drivers and Obstacles. European University Institute, Florence, Italy. 21-22 October 2015
- Conference: Governing Irregular Migration: States, Actors and Intermediaries, Anna Triandafyllidou and Eda Gemi, 8-9 July 2015 Athens. Co-organised by the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP), Athens and the European University Institute.Inventing and Managing Difference in the Middle East from the Ottomans to the Islamic State. 04 June – 9:00 to 19:00 Sala del Capitolo, Badia Fiesolana
- The Governance of Religious Diversity more or less Secularism? 10 June 16:00 to 12 June 13:30 Sala Europa, Villa Schifanoia
- Anna Triandafyllidou is the Scientific Organisers of the inaugural conference of the EUI FORUM on Migration, Citizenship and Demography held in Florence, Italy on 17-18 November 2014. For the full conference programme and registration (strongly recommended) please visit the Conference web site
- Anna Triandafyllidou discusses the most effective pathways to migrant integration and social equality in the Fundamental Rights Agency / Italian EU Presidency major conference taking place in Rome on 10-11 November 2014.
- Workshop: Intolerance Moving Mainstream in Europe? Drivers of Intolerance and How to Foster Change, Anna Triandafyllidou (EUI) and Heather Grabbe (Open Society European Policy Institute), 30 September 2014
- Workshop: The Global Governance of Irregular Migration and Asylum: Universal Norms, Transnational Challenges, Regional Actors, Anna Triandafyllidou (EUI) and Martin Scheinin (EUI), 30 June 2014
- Joint Seminar: Should the State be Neutral towards Religion? What is wrong with State-Religion Entanglements?, seminar organised by Anna Triandafyllidou, within the Global Governance Programme, the Migration Working Group and ReligioWest, 9 April 2014.
- Executive Training: Principles of Equality and Challenges of Discrimination. Problems and Effective Remedies,2-4 April 2014
- Workshop: Changing Paradigms after the Global Financial Crisis: Social and Economic Perspectives, Pablo Iglesias-Rodríguez (VU University), André Prüm (University of Luxemburg) and Anna Triandafyllidou (EUI), 21 March 2014
- Policy Seminar:Diversity Partnerships: Towards a Common Framework for Migrants and Minorities, Anna Triandafyllidou (EUI), 7 March 2013
- Workshop: Migrants And Minorities: Towards A Common Rights’ Framework, Anna Triandafyllidou (EUI) and Iryna Ulasiuk (EUI), 30-31 January 2014
- Conference: Global Governance from Regional Perspectives Exploring and Bridging Cultural Differences, Anna Triandafyllidou (EUI) and Tatjana Evas (EUI), 5-6 December 2013
- Workshop: Return Migrants and Entrepreneurs: Beyond Established Paradigms, Scientific Coordinators: Jean-Pierre Cassarino (EUI) and Anna Triandafyllidou (EUI), 23 April 2013
- High-Level Policy Seminar:What Policies are Needed to Turn Cultural Diversity into an Asset for Socio-Economic Development?, Anna Triandafyllidou (EUI), May 2013
- Executive Training Seminar: Cultural Diversity: Advantage or Liability?, 6 May-8 May 2013, EUI